31 March, 2009

Fun day at the park or should I say ER??

It is not a fun day when Kachow gets bored. Nothing seemed to work, so I tried to prevent his boredom by going to the BX playground. So there I am, tired after a night of only 3 hrs total of sleep, strolling the kids to the BX.

One of the wonderful things about going to the BX so Kachow can play is the food court. They have Taco Bell, Subway, Pizza the Hutt and a few other places. Taco Bell sounded very good, so before dropping him off., we stopped by Taco Bell and got some lunch. Kachow had a soft taco and I got a crunch wrap supreme. It was delicious.

I would say within 30 minutes or so, it wasn’t so delicious anymore. I started feeling really sick, very nauseated. So quickly I got Kachow back on the stroller. (Throwing a fit of course, “hello mom, we just got here!”) The walk home which usually is only 5-10 minutes seemed an eternity. Something was wrong, my legs started to shake and my head was somewhat spinning.

I barely made it home; I have never thrown up like this when NOT pregnant. After that I got back in the living room to get the kids out of the stroller. Not making it to Double A in time I had to run back to the bathroom. This time much worse, even blood came out, my stomach hurt badly. I started getting very lightheaded and sleepy. I got Double A out of the stroller, put her on her boppy chair and sat in the couch. I could not lay down, the nausea was awful. I was so sleepy I could barely keep my eyes open. I think there was a time I actually fell asleep because it seemed like I was hallucinating. Now it’s the runs…

My sweet son comes and sits on top of me, “mamma You, k?” He started loading me with kisses. I said “No, hunny, mommy is not ok.” He then started jumping on me trying to entertain me. Not really knowing, poor thing, that it was only making it worse. Here I am, half asleep, throwing up and trying to get a hold of This Guy but he won’t answer his phone. I knew I needed to see a doctor ASAP. Before I was able to get a hold of This Guy I had already thrown up 3 times and one of those with blood and acid. (Sorry, TMI)

Luckily, I was able to get someone from church to watch the kids while I walked to the ER. Thank goodness it’s right across the street from our building. While seeing the doctor, he asked where my accent was from. I mentioned I was from Brazil and he made the comment he was in Brazil 10 years ago. Knowing the answer I asked what he was in Brazil for. He said he was a missionary. So I said “Oh, you are LDS?” and he replied he was. So, eventually the story ends with me finding out it was his wife who was watching the kids. After a few hours at the ER, they gave me a shot of Zofran, I had already thrown up twice with nothing in it just fluids. They told me I am not yet dehydrated. YAY!! They gave me some pills to take home in case the nausea/vomiting won’t stop. Looks like I wont be eating Taco Bell for a long time.

1 comment:

A n T said...

oH MY! Hope you are feeling better!